Sun, 03 Mar 2013 16:27 CST
© The police of Zielona Gora
Girl who went missing in Poland
A small dog saved the life of a three-year-old girl who went missing in Poland and spent the night in freezing cold temperatures, Vesti FM radio reported on Sunday.
The girl, Julia, disappeared with her pet dog from the village of Pierzwin in the Lubusz province in western Poland on Friday. She was found lying in nearby marshland on Saturday morning with the dog by her side.
Firefighters who found the girl said the dog kept the child warm enough throughout the night, with temperatures plunging to minus 5 degrees Celsius (23 Fahrenheit).
More than 250 firefighters, police officers, rescue workers and local residents searched for the child throughout the night. They also employed a police helicopter with infrared cameras and six search dogs looking for the girl.
Julia was taken to hospital in Zielona Gora where she is recovering. She appears to have suffered some frostbite but her health condition is not life-threatening, the hospital’s staff said.
- ‘Dog Saves Missing Polish Child’s Life’ (news.sky.com)
- Homeless dog saves life of 3-year-old girl (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Hero dog ‘saves life’ of missing three-year-old girl (metro.co.uk)
- Dog ‘Saves’ Girl in Poland from Freezing Temperatures (theepochtimes.com)
- The love of a dog for a small child (learningfromdogs.com)
- News: Heroic pet dog saves toddler’s life (thatdogdancingguy.com.au)
- Heroic pet dog saves toddler’s life (bigpondnews.com)
- Small dog helps missing girl survive cold (upi.com)
- Dog saves missing Polish girl in freezing cold (vancouverdesi.com)
- Dog saves missing Polish girl, keeps her warm in freezing cold (sott.net)