Animal Rights Korea
One of the great lies of the Korean dog meat industry is that only special kinds of dogs are bred and slaughtered for dog meat. The reality is that any kind of dog can end up as dog meat. So abandoned pets quite often end up as dog meat. Besides, no one can tell what kind of dog they are eating.
The open secret of pet dog meat was dramatically exposed on Korean TV in 2010 and shocked many viewers. In 2011, a TV crew went back to see if anything had changed. This video is part of that investigation.
Despite denials from dog meat sellers, the investigation shows that the former pet slaughter industry is thriving and pet dog meat is basically sold everywhere.
Korea is a hell for abandoned dogs.
Video mit Altersbeschränkung (gemäß Community-Richtlinien)
- Volunteers bought 800 dogs destined to Chinese restaurants (thezigzagger.com)
- Saved! Dozens of dogs being carted off to be slaughtered for food are rescued by police (dailymail.co.uk)
- Philippine police rescue dogs, raid slaughterhouse (mysanantonio.com)
- Philippine police rescue dogs, raid slaughterhouse (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Thai Authorities Save Over 750 Dogs Destined For Cooking Pots (huffingtonpost.com)