Time magazine has once again chosen their person of the year. This year it’s you again. (Without the mirror.) Get ready to rumble for Time magazine has chosen The Protestor as Person of the Year 2011.
The magazine goes on sale this Friday. According to managing editor Richard Stengel…
“There’s this contagion of protest. These are folks who are changing history already and they will change history in the future. I think it is changing the world for the better.”
What does this have to do with a dog blog?
Every petition you sign may increase the penalties for animal cruelty.
Every letter you write may put an animal abuser in prison.
Every email you send may bring an end to Breed-Specific Legislation.
Every phone call you make may save a dog from life on a chain, from a life of neglect, from a life of cruelty, from death in a gas chamber.
Every fax you transmit may free a dog wrongly impounded.
If you do any or all of the above, you are the Person of the Year. Your protesting the weak animal abuse laws, deplorable shelter conditions, ineffective shelter management, animal cruelty, flimsy sentencing of animal abusers, breed-specific legislation, and a host of other evils too numerous to list here…
And the world is noticing.
Ideas are bulletproof. – V (V for Vendetta)
- Time Magazine Names “Protester” Person of the Year (canadiantruths.wordpress.com)
- Time Magazine Picks Person Of The Year (kymx.radio.com)
- Protester Named Time ‘Person of the Year’ (usnews.com)
- Time’s Person of the Year? The protester (independent.co.uk)
- Time Magazine “Person Of The Year” Choice IS A “Cop Out.” (boston.cbslocal.com)
- ‘The Protester’ named Time magazine’s person of the year (smh.com.au)